Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Visitors......

So, tonight, a regular Wednesday night... or so I thought. I got home from work and my friend Gabe that lives down the street called and wanted to hang out. He knows a ton about cars, and I am thinking of trading mine in, so he came over to help me look. A little later, our friend Chase came over. My roommate Berkley came up and was making herself dinner, so the four of us (Berk, Gabe, Chase and I) were in the kitchen talking. Chase brought up something about  how Gabe had just bought a new hand gun, so Gabe decided to go grab it out of his truck. Berk and I were both a little nervous... and so after a little bit Gabe went outside to put his gun back in his truck. 

All of the sudden, I notice see flash lights in my back yard. Then two cops with a dog walk past my kitchen window. I thought what the heck is going on!?!?! Thats when I heard the knock on my front door. My friend Chase answered the door and the person that had knocked stood back so we had to come outside to see him. It was another cop (thankfully, not some psychopathic killer, which I have to admit crossed my mind...) He asked if we were the only ones there, and if we could please step outside. Of course by this time I am thinking maybe the previous renters had done something and  we were getting the blame. Then the cop says "do you know that guy over there?" I honestly didn't see any one at first so I am  sure I looked really confused... then I realized my friend Gabe was off in the distance talking to another cop. With pure terror in my voice and a little shock I said  "Gabe?!?!?! long pause..... yyyyeeeeaaaahhhh..... how come? Is something wrong?" And then the cop asked if there was a problem and what we were doing and why he was at my house with a gun. I was like um no... nothing is wrong he was just showing us the gun he bought. He is a friend that lives down the street. So then the cop hands the gun itself back to Gabe, and the clip to my roommate Berkley and tells her not to give it to him until he is all the way back inside the house. 

I guess what happened was that the cops were outside my house because our neighbors had gotten in a fight and one of them said they were going to kill themselves and so someone called the cops (great neighborhood I live in right??). The cops were staked outside my house watching to see what was going on at the neighbors and trying to find the guy that was suicidal because I guess he was walking around outside. Then out walks Gabe with a gun in his hand. He said he had two assault rifles pointed in his face and a dog that was too close for comfort. WRONG place and the WRONG time! haha Kind of a funny story even if Gabe and I both about peed our pants! I told Gabe I couldn't be his friend any more because he was a bad influence on me. :)

Yay for a little excitement in my life!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

This is NUTS!! I had a friend who woke up one morning to swat teams charging through her yard- bulletproof vests and guns and everything. Turns out, her neighbors were a drug house. Exciting!

Allison said...

Whoa crazy!! I'm glad everything turned out fine. That would scare me to death!

The Stewart said...

How crazy! But I'm not going to lie, I laughed all the way through this! Probably because it didn't happen to me! But a good story to tell people!