Tuesday, June 14, 2011

bored, bored, boredity, bored

Being bored and having a lot of extra time on my hands has made me be very introspective. Last night, after 2 nights in a row of mysteriously not being able to sleep until 2 or 3 in the morning, I decided to read my old journal. Most of it is from the good old college days. It brought back a lot of really really good memories! And it really made me realize how kind of bitter and cynical I have been lately. I have just let the stress of being an adult get to me."Reliving" my college days made me realize how different my attitude was then and how it is now. I remember being so much more optimistic and fun loving. I kinda almost feel like an old fuddy duddy....(I will be a whopping 24 tomorrow) Not that I want to go back.... I think I have learned a lot of valuable lessons from then until now. And in complete honesty I think it was REALLY good for me to relive some of those experiences because I think I have kind of forgotten the lessons I learned. It was a good slap in the face to realize I needed to relearn/remember a few of those lessons I learned. But I think I need some of that youthful "carelessness" back in my life. I have vowed to be better at working out. I haven't for longer than I would even like to admit.... I'm gonna take it pretty easy at first, but I would even go as far as saying that I want to be able to run a 5k EASILY next summer. Don't worry, I don't think I will ever be crazy enough to do anything more than a 5k. Props to those of you that do and enjoy it. Any way, here's to being less grouchy-old-lady and more fun-less stressed-young-lady! Hooray for being 24!

No comments: