Friday, April 17, 2009

Calm before the storm?

Well for now the storm is mostly over. My dad's tongue cancer looked pretty bad and they said he would probably never talk again. They also said he would spend probably 10 days in the hospital. We were so so blessed by the Lord and everyone's prayers and fasting! He only spent a week in the hospital which is awesome! His surgery was twelve hours but they were able to save part of his tongue! Hes home now and doing pretty well. He has to keep the tracheotomy because he starts radiation soon and it will cause his throat to swell again. He is getting better and better with talking and is to the point that he can talk without using the speaking valve on the trach. Hes up and moving around and acts like he feels pretty good all things considered! He has been a trooper.
My stressful semester is over, thank goodness. All in all it was a pretty good semester for me, even though i thought i was going to DIE during it. I made a lot of good memories and learned a lot! I am now working back at the day care. I am a little nervous because last summer kind of scarred me because i worked so much. So far it has been ok. It is a good place to work and Diane loves me so she really works with me. Im still adjusting to living at home...which i hate...but its better then having to pay rent.
For student teaching i am going to South Salt Lake. Most days im really excited and then other days relaity sets in and i get really nervous and scared! It will be good though. I found out i have been requested to student teach in the Jordan district, which is still a huge area but its a little more specific. Thats pretty much my life in a nut shell....not super exciting but live is good!

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Dearest Kelsey, I'm happy everything is getting better for you. I really am! See? A bad semester was not 'that' bad, it's even over, ha! Everytime you get excited just keep excited and try to think that the times we feel sad help us to enjoy life even more! If it was all good it wouldn't be much fun, don't you think? =)