Saturday, May 16, 2009

Time for an update....for all three of you that read this.

Life is pretty good. Theres not much new in my life, but a lot going on at the same time. If that makes any sense.

I have been working at the day care again for the summer. I work with all new girls and I really love them! They make it pretty fun. I love the kids so much too. They teach me things all the time, especially things about my Heavenly Father, and even myself. There's one little boy that has kind of been my saving grace. He can tell when I am getting frustrated or upset and he will just say teacher....and then sing If you're happy and you know it clap you hands! Or else he will just stop me and say Teacher, i love you. and gives me a big hug. It helps me to stop and take a deep breath so i dont loose my temper. Its funny to me the little hidden blessings the Lord gives to me always. Working at the day care also keeps me entertained. The kids are so funny and so cute. I have a new funny story almost every day. The kids are always telling me that i just need to find someone and marry him. They just dont understand why i am not married. I feel like im back at BYU-I sometimes.... :)

I am also taking two classes this summer. One is on campus in Rexburg and the other is online. Well stupid forgetful me, i haven't been making a list (that is like the world coming to an end for me by the way) and i missed the first two deadlines for my online class. Lame....dont worry i got the next one in with time to spare. My on campus class is interesting. I am actually seeing how it applies with experiences i have already had. Its pretty intense though. In order to pass the tests you have to get an 86% or better. Your grade is based on how many times it takes you to pass it. Each time you take the test your grade goes down. Not to mention the questions change with each test you take.....Our first one opens tomorrow. I am pretty nervous.

My dad is doing alright. They found out that the cancer has spread into his neck, so they moved the radiation up. He started Radiation a few days ago. Just looking at him the radiation makes no difference yet, but he says it really makes him feel lousy. He felt lousy before. He is hanging in there. He is being a trooper. Its taking patience on everyones part. I just try to rely on the Lord. He knows what hes doing and i need to trust that.

Another thing....probably the most exciting part of this wonderful post is that I am going to Seattle in 4 days!!!! Katelyn and I have planned and planned and we are so excited to go! We have a hotel for 2 nights and we have these City passes that allows us to go into a bunch of different things. Im really excited to have a break and be able to have a few days to just have fun and do things that i WANT to do and just not things i HAVE to do! It is a much needed vacation for me right now. Not to mention im sure once i get back i will post pictures, and stories and the whole she-bang.

I started going to the singles branch here in Rigby. I have only gone to FHE i guess.... so i cant say that yet but ya know.... So far its pretty much what i expected....about 1 boy for every 5 girls. I think it will be fine though. I dont think i will love it by any means, but it should be fun.

A final thing...i got an e-mail about the rent for student housing in Salt Lake....its like1700 something plus $100 deposit. For almost exactly 4 months!!! it is SO ridiculous. I am probably just gonna end up finding my own housing. It could be a blessing but also a pain in the butt. Being on your own is kind of scary.

With all this stuff going on, and between work and studying and doing homework i get pretty darn tired. I am finally getting the hang of it all and accomplishing a lot in a day. It always makes me feel good to completely cross off everything on my list for that day!! It seems like I sleep so much better!!! Any way.......Thats all for now.

4 comments:

The Stewart said...

Wow! You have a busy life! Don't worry about the test...as someone said, his bark is worse than his bite. Good luck!!!

loretta said...

OK. I read yours & have it linked on my blog, now you can read mine! Love ya, Loretta

Anonymous said...

Hey! I read your post all the time!!

Marcia said...

That's so cool you are working w/ kids! I love this, especially because children are like angels and they just know how to make our days! I'm happy to know that you're working w/ this lil boy that makes your days bright. =)