Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Deep breaths

So....student teaching is HARD!!!!!!!!! I wish you could in some way feel the emphasis i put in every letter when i typed HARD!!!!!!!!!!! Its funny though...because its not hard like i thought it would be. I can write a MEAN lesson plan! I can plan like no other... I can mostly do the stuff they taught me with no real problems.....

The problem now is all the stuff that they tell you about....but (maybe this is just me) can really only be learned through experience. Let me tell you what... trying to make ONE lesson work for 26 kids on 26 levels of learning..... Its a HUGE task to be faced with. And sometimes I feel like I couldnt be more direct when I am planning and then it turns out that I am totally and completely WRONG! Not to mention... I dont know if they really make you understand what its like to control 26 kids.... they get like mob mentality...its SO hard sometimes to keep everyone attention..keep everyone (including the district, parents, principles, the teacher next door) happy. Teaching is freaking stressful!! Its an art! it really is! I hope i get the hang of it soon.....

4 comments:

Kelcie said...

I hear ya!

The Stewart said...

You will! Because you are amazing!

Becky said...

You can do it! I remember how hard it was-but on your last day you'll look back and be amazed at all you accomplished.

Dee said...

I totally feel for ya! Thankfully, I'm still only in my Practicum, but each of the 5th grade classes have over 32 students and we rotate classes for Math and Social Studies so I get to manage all of them on the two days I am there, however not for the whole day, just 2 or 3 lessons usually, but anyway totally know what your talking about having control over all of them. You're going to make it though and just think you've only got like 2 mos left! You're nearly done!