Tuesday, September 29, 2009

No wonder I am so tired...

So this last weekend I had Friday off so Thursday after school Kelcie Dickson and I headed up to Idaho.

It was kind of a CRAZY trip. We were both a little apprehensive to be back in Rexburg now that everyone else was back in school. I was super busy the whole weekend. I had been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. My dad came and woke me up early Friday morning because i needed to get my tires rotated and oil changed. Off we went to get my tires rotated. We werent there five minutes when the guy came out and said theres no point in rotating them because they are bald. You know what that means....new tires.....OUCH! thankfully my dad paid the $450 it cost to get them. Then they said that the recommend i get new front brakes as well. Another $130 plus tax... I havent done that part yet...but I need to do it soon. I got my oil changed as well....so pretty much I spent like $600 getting my car good to go. :(

After I got my car all fixed up I went to see all my Day care kids! It was SO fun to be back! there werent very many there...and my babies werent there... :( but one of my favorite little boys Elijah has changed SO much! He used to be this little CHUNK of a kid... kinda short stubby, round kid. He was ADORABLE! and we always joked that you lifted Elijah too much if your back was hurting. Now he has really grown! He has gotten tall and skinny! It was so cute when I saw him and got his attention he ran right up to me. I scooped him right up and he laid his head on my shoulder! I loved it so much! I have missed my little babies and toddlers!

After work, i went to Rexburg. It was way weird to be there but it was fun to hang out with Katelyn just like the good old days. We went to Jason Hewlett. He was really funny! I missed Rexburg in the past and the memories and the people...BUT i am VERY glad i am not there any more.

Saturday Kelcie and I got up around 9 and headed back to Utah. We drove straight past our houses and drove all the way to Provo. A friend of mine is in the marching band and invited me to come watch the game and see his half time show. So, we met Allison at her house and then walked to the football stadium. We went to a tail gate party with some of Kelcies family and then headed over to the game. Walking to the stadium we ran into a guy in our ward. He was joking with us saying that he hoped we didnt get seats on the east side of the stadium because we would be in the sun. Unfortunately we most definitely were on the East side of the stadium.... We were SWELTERING! it was SSSOOOO hot! and we were squinting the whole time. BUT it was SSSOOO fun! we got all into it and had a lot of fun! I would love to go again!

After the game we walked back to Allisons apt and the went to get something to eat. We didn't even leave Provo until almost 11. When we got home we threw our clothes in the washer (they were SUPER sweaty and nasty) took showers and went to bed.

It was a really fun weekend but I was SO busy its no wonder I am so tired lately! And the suckiest part is that i havent slept much even though i have been so tired. It was worth it though! I needed a fun weekend to forget i was a teacher and be young again!

1 comment:

The Stewart said...

Sounds like you are having so much fun!! Way to go!