Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Toto.....We're not in Kansas any more....

So being in Salt Lake has totally been amazing!!! I have LOVED being here. But something that I have been thinking about (especially after last night) is the fact that I am DEFINITELY not at BYU-I any more... But don't you worry! I see that mostly as a good thing!!!! :)

Example number one: Stake FHE last night turned into a sort of dance thing on the lawn. They played songs other than 70's classics and techno! They played songs you could actually dance to! Songs that are actually still played on the radio.

Example number two: The way some of the girls danced/were dressed was not exactly BYU-I standards. In a way that is good! You dont get scowled and shunned if you wear shorts to a church activity! which is amazing! But I don't think I need to go into how it could be bad.

Example number three: This one is kind of silly but OH SO true!!! and you may only agree if you have gone to BYU-I but after the stake FHE we went to get hot chocolate and the ratio was 3:7......as in 3 girls 7 boys!!!!! That would NEVER happen at BYU-I thats almost always flip flopped.

Example number four: 11:00 pm is a late night for me. In Rexburg if I made it to bed before midnight it was nothing short of a miracle!!! It's really nice only having one roommate because I CAN go to bed!!! I dont have 5 other people tromping around the apt while I'm trying to get stuff done or sleep.

Example number five: I AM YOUNG HERE!!!! HOORAY! in Rexburg I was like the old maid....22 and not married whats wrong with you??? Unfortunately I still get oh..are you 18? but then once they find out how old i am
its like 22...oh thats pretty average...or even young.

I can think of an example six involving snow and ice....but i dont want to curse myself because it hasnt snowed yet.

Well there you have it! There are about a million ways i can tell i am not at BYU-Idaho any more!!! and most of them i am very grateful!!! Rexburg-- i love you, but I'm glad to be moving on to bigger and better things! As my wonderful roommate Katie put it "Rexburg is great if you are 18"

4 comments:

The Stewart said...

Oh so true. After your first year it just becomes a pain! I love reading your posts! They are always so entertaining.

Marcia said...

Ha, what a fun post!!!

Kelcie said...

I LOVE IT! Especially the 3:7 ration ;)

Allison said...

Amen sista! I love Rexburg but it was never somewhere that I could see myself living permanently. And it was so fun going to the game with you on Saturday even if I did lose a large percentage of my body weight due to all the sweating I did.