Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas?

I haven't necessarily been a scrooge this year but I haven't exactly been spreading the Christmas cheer. It just hasnt really connected with me and my brain that its Christmas so soon! Usually I have all these things telling me its Christmas and I have reason to be excited but this year its not really happening.

Before (even when I was a kid) I had winter break to look forward to. In college it was finishing all of my finals in order to go home and begin the Christmas festivities. I also always decorated my apt and my house in Rigby right after Thanksgiving. I didnt have ANY of that this year. No Finals... Not that I am complaining. I was too lazy to decorate at my parents house this year. My roommate decorated for Christmas before Thanksgiving.... So my brain just hasnt registered that Christmas is in a little less than two weeks. I am going home in like 4 days so hopefully once I am home it will start sinking in.

I think another reason my brain isn't regisitering it is because this year has gone so fast!!! Its been so crazy busy and so crazy good for the most part. My year as a whole is saved for another post... :) Merry Chirstmas my one lovely reader!

3 comments:

The Stewart said...

YAY! Merry Christmas to you too! And I totally agree. This year was insane! It's starting to register with me a little but I'm with you. Usually I'm a lot more excited than I am this year.

Marcia said...

I read your blog too! :)
Yep, this year has gone so fast! I can't believe it's Christmas already! A merry Christmas to you, Kelsey! Hope you and your family have a great one!

Dee said...

I'm right there with you, it hasn't really felt like Christmas, hopefully once I'm home it will feel like Christmas time. However I'm still trying to grasp the idea that I really am done with classes and basically BYU-Idaho.