Saturday, April 10, 2010

Depends on the Day

So...my car randomly decided to FREAK out today... I was driving along and i KNOW for a FACT my gas thing said i had half a tank but all of the sudden it started dinging at me because it said I had low fuel. AND the temperature gage decided to freak as well and switched back and forth between all the way cold to right in the middle. it would switch about every five seconds. So I got to my friends house and parked and just prayed it would be ok. I asked a few people what i should do and none of them really had a definitive answer. So when I left to come home I just hoped it would be ok. and it was. BUT the whole scary nerve racking event really really really really made me miss my Daddy. He was always the first one I would call about anything to do with my car. He knew the answers to all my problems. I wanted to call him. My first thought was to call him..... and oddly enough (its probably psychological) I didn't get an answer from any one else. No one else could give me the answer i needed or wanted because it wasn't from my dad. Most of the time I do ok in dealing with my dad's passing....but it is moments like this that i REALLY miss him.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Kelsey, at this time my eyes were filled with tears. This post is so tender.. so beautiful. Dads are superheroes and they'll always be. When you can't get an answer from your daddy, just try to think what he would tell you to do or try to imagine what he would do in a situation like that. Dads do always have an answer, it's true, but they can't give us these answers always. Sometimes we should think and figure things out by ourselves... It's the way we can learn and get the answers our children will expect us to give them one day.