Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cool temple experience

So, yesterday was probably my worst teaching day ever! I totally lost my patience and yelled at the kids. They were being so bad! And i was not feeling well at all. So, after yesterday I needed something to calm me down, and recharge my batteries. Beck and I decided to go to the temple when we woke up. We were nervous considering it was Saturday. We thought for sure it was going to be super busy. Luckily enough it was not hardly busy at all. We were in and out in less than an hour.

Any way, I get my turn in the font, the guy baptizes me for five names, just like always, and I am going to get out and one of the witnesses says to me, "The names you just did are from the Ukraine." And I thought "Oh ok.... cool. Random, but cool." but then he finished by saying "They are preparing these names for the Ukraine temple that will be dedicated on the 24th" I thought that was pretty cool that I got to have part in that! Kinda cool that those names will be sent the Ukraine temple and be finished there! Maybe its not so cool as I think it is....but it made me feel a little special! :)

And, on a random side note.... I just want to say how wonderfully awesome and fabulous the temple is. This morning I felt like life was pretty drab and I didn't want to go back to school on Monday, and that i wasn't cut out to be a teacher....and now after the temple I just feel so calm and peaceful and like I could go back to school. I know Heavenly Father loves me so much. I can tell I am doing what I am supposed to because of the way he blesses me. I am so grateful that he has a plan for me, and helps me see I'm on the right track, EVEN THOUGH that track isn't always rainbows and butterflies! :) I love the gospel and the temple!


4 comments:

Allison said...

That's a really cool experience! And I completely agree about the temple. I don't think I would have been able to make it through this summer with David gone without the temple. Every time I felt like there was no way I'd be able to make it any farther, I'd go to the temple and it helped me get through a few more days until I went again. I love the temple!

Emme said...

that is way cool kels!! and i love your new blog look :) very appropriate.

The Stewart said...

I would have to agree with you, the temple is an amazing place to recharge. That is a pretty awesome experience!! I went just yesterday for pretty much the same reason!! Glad you got to go and have a great experience!

Marcia said...

When I read your facebook status I thought you talking about cell phone batteries, haha, and I was like 'what? To recharge her cell phone batteries in the temple???"!! =)
I got some pics of the Ukraine temple in my email this week from the church website! It's beautiful isn't it? I love it when they send me pics of the new temples around the world.