Monday, May 2, 2011

Can I do this?!?!?!

Today was probably one of my worst teaching days EVER. Things were going perfectly fine. We started Book clubs, and were about to review for our CRT test that was after lunch (still a a good two hours away......or so i thought...) Next thing I know the office is calling down to my room saying "you are 15 mins late for your CRT test... Mr. Cole needs you down there as soon as possible." To which I responded "Oh, actually my test today is at 1:30..." to which THEY responded "we had to change it last minute, you need to go now." ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?! We hadn't reviewed at all since last week, my kids are NOT focused and not in testing mode AT all and now I have to RUN them to the computer lab with out a potty break or drink to HURRY and take this test that(hurry and CRT test should not belong in the same sentence unless NOT is in there...) that takes an hour but there is only 45 mins til lunch.... and TRUST me, my kids are like little atomic clocks and can sense when it is exactly lunch time. There goes ALL hope of them staying focused on the test....Not the mention the fact that I had no time to prep them and get them in calm test mode...

Let's just put it this way... I had 2 kids finish in less that ten minutes... (with at least 6 full page passages they had to read to answer the questions.... apparently they are genius kids and have been tricking me this whole year) and I had about 5 kids that were more interested in playing with the on screen tools (highlighter, inverting the color, strike through etc) then actually reading or answering questions.... Best part was that we can't leave til everyone is done with the section...so I have 20 hungry kids that are finished and antsy and pointing to the clock every time I glance in their direction and 5 that are so busy highlighting, wiggling the mouse or even using their pencil as some sort of massage tool on their face to actually finish their test... I was SSSOOOO annoyed with the office... and they could care less because it doesn't effect them what-so-ever.

Lucky me, thats how I get evaluated as a teacher....they look at kids that could care less about a test and if they don't score well I am the one thats screwed... tell me how that makes sense!?!?!?!

My theme song right now... It's called Tonight, Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae. Here are my favorite parts

It's been a really really messed up week 
Seven days of torture, seven days of bitter


La la la, whatever, la la la, it doesn't matter, la la la, oh well, la la la 


I don't know if I'll make it BUT WATCH HOW GOOD I'LL FAKE IT
Its all right, all right, tonight, tonight 

2 comments:

The Stewart said...

That is so frustrating!! Sorry to hear that. But you are an amazing teacher, so I wouldn't be too worried about it!

Marcia said...

I am sorry Kelsey! Can't you go and have a talk with them? Because then they would realize it's their fault and wouldn't blame you for it! Thats not right at all... but maybe its just part of the messed up week, because Im having one too :(