Monday, May 23, 2011

When it rains, it POURS! Literally!!!!

Weirdest. Day. Ever. Instances below....


  1. I stayed late at school because I have a bunch to get done by the end of the school year. When I came out of school my brand new, barely a month old car would NOT start. I have never ever had that happen to me...even with my old car. I immediately called my friend Gabe. He is a mechanic and works out kinda by my school. He came right out (even though he was already home). It was POURING buckets of rain right before he got there (SSSOOO sick of this freak rain that wont go away in Utah). Luckily it stopped right before he came. When we popped my hood he tightened too little nuts on the wires that connect the battery and it started right up. No problem. THANKFULLY, but only the beginning of my weird/ironic evening.
  2. I drove home and met Gabe at my  house. I told him I would take him to dinner because he drove all the way out there to help me. Before I left, I realized that my roommate Berkley had text me to make sure I got my car started, so I quickly text her back explaining what happened. Then she text me back and said "who is this?" "This isn't Berkley, this is Emily..." i totally thought my roommate was trying to tease me and just playing a joke...and i text her back things like "oh ok....really??? then why do i have you in my phone as Berkley...and you just text me 5 mins ago...." but oh no... As I pull into my drive  this random girl calls me and says "I'm sorry, I don't know you... I am not Berkley." Oh yes... my possessed phone said i was texting Berkley, but I was really texting some completely random person.....
  3. So Gabe and I are on our way to dinner and all of the sudden my white car, the car I sold a month ago drives past full of this little family. I am 99.99% sure it was my car because it still had my Dad's triple A stickers on the back bumper and my planet fitness parking sticker (too bad I forgot to grab that!) in the window. What are the odds??? You can ask Gabe, I was freaking out. I even took a picture on my phone(we'll get to the picture later). It was SSOO weird to see someone else driving that car... I have too many memories (good and bad) in that car......
  4.  Gabe and I have dinner, he takes me home and I go to use my phone to get online. My mobile hot spot was not working... So, finally fed up with my phone being temperamental lately I decided to take it to the Verizon store. Example A...it had turned itself off (at this point) 4 times during the day, completely by itself. They gave me a phone number and I spent an hour on the phone with tech support 70% of which I spent on hold and asking the lady if she was really still there.... They gave me all these things to do and then FINALLY said ok! It should be fine! 
  5. I go connect to the internet, and then I am watching TV with my roomies. I push a button to check my phone....what do you know.... it had turned itself off AGAIN. I turned it back on, checked it, put it down and then not two minutes later i saw the light flash like i had a message, so i checked it again..... it turned off again!!!!!!!!!!!! So i called the dumb tech support people back and told them the whole story for the 93rd time and got disconnected. So i called and told the story for the 94th time. They finally decided to reset my phone completely. I specifically asked if I would loose my pictures, and the man assured me I would not (the only reason I agreed to the reset). 
  6. I go through the reset and only AFTER the reset did I realize i had put a password on my phone that i needed to get back into my contacts and saved info....did i remember the password?? of course not. and to reset the password I had to go to my e-mail....I DONT HAVE INTERNET WITHOUT MY PHONE!!!!!!!!!!
  7. I set up a new/temp/fake account so that i can use the internet to check my password, RE reset my phone, change the profile to my original profile and let it load.
  8. Contacts in tact! YAY! Pictures....gone forever..... NO picture of my old car I sold.... no cute picture of my niece and nephews.... no picture of the San Diego Temple for my background....
  9. no extra time in the night to go grocery shopping like i needed. 
  10. Now I am so riled up i cant sleep even though thats all I really want to do.  
Monday:10 
ME: zip, zero, zilch

I figure its only right... I had this amazing revelatory Sunday in which I realized everything is in the Lord's hands and as long as I'm doing what I'm supposed to he will lead me where I need to be. So i told him yesterday "Ok Lord, Its in your hands! I am trusting you! I am not going to whine and stress any more!" and now he is saying FINALLY, but Ok.... lets make sure.....he's testing me and hopefully I passed.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

You can do it! Weird about your car(s) though.... :) love ya!

Allison said...

I'm sorry... I hope you have a better day today. My whole week was like that last week. You can do it!

Tara said...

Legs! I read your blog even though I rarely comment(I'll be better about that), and I totally understand how frustrating it is to have an amazing Sunday or any day, and then the next be totally lame and stupid. Oh life!