Monday, July 2, 2012

Finished Project!!

Well, I finally finished my project! I have been so busy the last few weeks with a trip to Arizona, spending time with my sister, and a trip to Star Valley. I have just been working on this when I have a few extra minutes.

As you know, I got Annie Sloan's chalk paint for my birthday! I was so excited to use it! It is so great because you don't have to prime, or sand anything and the paint goes on just about anything. It was quite easy to use. The trickiest part was applying the wax afterwords. I had watched several tutorials found here and here and googled even more information. I painted, clear waxed, dark waxed, sanded, then clear waxed again. So... here is the big reveal!!!

Before:
 

 In the process: 


 Finished (kind of):
I kinda feel like the drawer pulls are too modern for the finish I did. I am trying to find other handles that will fit, and look a little better. What do you think?? Not bad for my first try right?

2 comments:

Emme said...

kels that looks awesome and super professional! i agree about the draw handles though. good job :)

hokime said...

17I think its darling!! we need to do my dressers the same way and i love the color!