Friday, July 20, 2012

Part 3

Celebrations
What are some of your personal and family traditions?
Pretty much for every holiday we do something with the family. It usually just includes dinner and the celebrations just depend on the year. The day after Thanksgiving we decorate for Christmas. On Christmas Eve, we always go to a movie. and then wake up early Christmas morning, open presents, and hang out. 

As for my own traditions, I go to Ihop every birthday (it was a tradition started with my  dad) I also go to I hop on the day my dad died because he and I would always go.

How do you celebrate adults birthdays?
We usually go to dinner, or else they get to choose what they want for dinner. We eat some kind of dessert and open presents.

How do you celebrate children's birthdays?
The same way, but usually they get  to invite some friends over.
How do you celebrate your anniversary?
I don't have an anniversary...


Religion
How did you gain your testimony? Write your testimony.  
It has come as I have lived the gospel. I am constantly learning more and strengthening my testimony all the time. It is hard for me to put into words, but I will do my best. I believe in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I believe that Christ performed the atonement for us to be able to repent and learn to be more like him. I believe that God has a prophet on the earth that receives modern day revelation for us. and worthy men can hold the priesthood. I believe in temple ordinances and that that is how we can obtain celestial glory.

How has the Gospel and knowledge of Heavenly Father's plan helped you in your life?
It gives me a lot of comfort. I know that I have access to the Holy Ghost that can lead and guide me in making decisions that will be best for me and will help me return to him some day. It gives me more confidence as well. 

What ordinances have you completed?
I am missing Endowment and Sealing

What callings have you had?  Which were your favourite/least favourite? What did you learn from them?
FHE mom, RS teacher, RS activity committee, dinner committee, RS missionary Counselor, RS Education counselor. I liked all of them, really...except the dinner committee...that kinda sucked. I guess I learned more patience, and about serving others more readily.

What is your favourite scripture/hymn/conference talk?  Why?
phillippians 4:13 because it always gives me strength and comfort to know Christ is on my side, and is there to help me. 

Did you serve a mission?
Nope


Home Life
Describe the places you've lived.
This could take a while...

Freedom - It was an old farm house. It was white with a red roof. My siblings and I had  our rooms upstairs. Whitney and I shared and Shane and Lon shared. It was small but cozy. I have fond memories of that house

YLP California - This house was one level house with 3 bedroom and 2 bathrooms. Behind the house was a large open field. again Whitney and I shared and Shane and Lon shared. It was  a brown house with a curvy drive way.

Freedom 2 - We lived in an even OLDER farm house. It had a zillion odd additions to the house. There were enough bedrooms for all of us to have our own room pretty much. It looked like wood paneling on the outside. 

Rapid City - We lived in an apt complex, just me, mom and dad. We had 3 bedrooms. Once you came in the door there was my parents room, then you walked down a long hall way to the kitchen, dining room, and livingroom. From there, you could turn down a short hall way to the other 2 bedrooms and the bathroom. They were grey apts

Thayne - Another 3 bedroom apt. You came into the living room and then went down a long hall way to the bedrooms and bathrooms. It was pretty junky. We had a really loud family that lived above us. The were dark brown I think...

Rigby - We moved into a big barely finished 3 bedroom house the lay out was some what similar to out apt in thayne, but it was bigger and nicer! It had an unfinished basement. Our house was white.

Rexburg - I lived in a 3 bedroom apt with 5 other girls. It was small, but lots of fun. We had living room and kitchen when you first walked in and through a door way was a hall and the bedrooms. We had a long vanity with 2 sinks and then 2 small bathrooms with only a shower and toilet inside. It was red brick on the outside.

Salt Lake 1 - I lived in a big basement apt. I wish I would have never moved from there. It was so cheap, and nice. the rooms were huge and there was a ton of storage.  It had a long open living room with a kitchen to one side and a bedroom off the kitchen.  at the back of the living room there was another bedroom and the bathroom. The house was white.

Salt Lake 2 - I lived in a newly remodeled duplex. It was very nice! Wood floors, Tile and granite in the kitchen, 3 bedrooms and a big back yard. It was green on the outside.

Salt Lake 3 - I live in a small 2 bedroom apt in a triplex. 

What was your favourite house?  Why?
I think my favorite house was the one in Rigby. It was very nice and comfortable. I have a lot of good memories there.

How do you like to decorate?
I like the shabby chic look. I also like the country look. I just use what I like and what looks nice.

What is it about a home that you love?
the comfort it brings. whenever I'm in a bad mood or whatever i can come home and just relax. Its a refuge.

How has your standard of life changed through the years?
Um... i dont know that it really has. the only difference I can think if is that I used to rely on my parents and now I don't


Sleep
How many hours do you like to sleep at night?
I need a good solid 8 hours to be functional. I usually go to bed at 11 and wake up at 7.


Do you take naps?
I LOVE NAPS!!! :) mostly just on Sundays though.


Do you like a lot, or few blankets and pillows?
I like a pretty flat pillow or I feel like Im suffocating. I always have to have at least a thin blanket. In the winter I love having a zillion blankets on to keep me warm.


Can you sleep anywhere or does it have to be in your bed?
I have got to have somewhere comfortable to lay down. I have a hard time sleeping on the floor. I also have to do my ritual... brush my teeth, read my scriptures and say my prayers


What are your favourite conditions for a good night's sleep?  Does it have to be completely dark and quiet?
Dark, quiet, a good temperature, rituals completed, comfortable bed and comfortable place.


Food
What are your favourite foods?
I really like Italian! Pastas, breads, etc. I also love sweets...


What are your favourite desserts?
Oh crap... I have WAY too many... I think the list would be shorter if I were to list the ones I didnt like. I guess I can generalize and say cookies.

Do you like to cook or bake?  What are your favourite things to make?
I like to bake better than cooking... cuz because I can bake better and those things taste better! :) But I dont really LIKE to do either. My favorite things to make are EASY things that dont take a lot of time.



Do you have any food allergies?
Shrimp

What are some foods you have a hard time saying "no" to?
sweets, and bread -- especially if either of those are still warm

What foods do you HAVE to have brand name?  Which can you do generic?
I think I can do generic anything...

Do you try to eat healthy?
Sometimes... haha sweets are just too tempting to me.

Do you prefer eating out?  Where?
I do just because its easier, it tastes good, and I dont have to make it. I like Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse, Wendy's...


Health
How is your health?
Pretty good. Nothing major as of now

Have you had any surgeries?
Does wisdom teeth count?


Have you had any broken bones?
No.

Do you have any allergies?
seasonal, shrimp and dryer sheets


What are you doing to keep healthy now?
I try to eat lots of fruits and veggies


Around the world
What major world events have happened in your lifetime?
9/11, War in Iraq, first black president, natural disasters


Has it affected who you are now?
im sure it has in some way


Who was the president when you were born?
Ronald Reagan


What natural disasters have you been in?
an Earthquake or 2. 

1 comment:

Shan said...

I like to go to IHOP on my birthday too. When I was very young my grandpa had breakfast for lunch at a restaurant and I thought it was so cool. So I've kept the tradition going. :)