Monday, July 16, 2012

Part 2

Please see part 1 of my personal history below this post  :)

College Years
Did you attend college or a trade school?
Yes, I went to Brigham Young University-Idaho in Rexburg.

How did you choose what you wanted to be when you grew up?
I knew I liked kids and wanted to do preschool first. Then I decided that majoring in El Ed would give me a few more opportunities. Once I got into the classes I realized how much I liked it.

What did you think was the hardest thing about your chosen profession at the time?
The management of the classroom.
What dumb things did you do during those years?
Nothing really...maybe stay up too late and eat like crap

What good things did you do?
I learned a lot about myself, grew up, made some long lasting friendships, learned a lot about my profession, 

Did you live on your own? Were you prepared for that?
I lived with 5 other girls the whole time I was there. I have always gotten along pretty well with other people. I had really good roommates as well so I think I was fairly well prepared

What life lessons did you learn?
Never take out student loans, be careful with money, value friendship and the gospel.

What choices did you make that affect where you are now?
Doing my student teaching in Salt Lake is probably the biggest one... 


Work
What jobs have you had?
Housekeeper, Mortgage file sorter, day care teacher, and teacher... I had very brief experience as a phone surveyor... and I hated it. 

What did you like/dislike about each job?
um... In general, I loved the people I worked with in all those jobs. If I didn't I would quit. Both teacher jobs I loved working with the students as well. The mortgage file job I like because I could listen to music all day and no one really bugged me. 

Have you used any of that knowledge in later years?
Oh yeah, having a job teaches you all kind of responsibility

Who were your bosses?  Did you like them/get along?
I liked my boss at the first and last place I did Housekeeping. I hated the one in Teton Village... I dont even remember her name. She was always so rude to me and I'm pretty sure she hated me too. I didnt mind my boss at the mortgage place and my day care boss it would just depend on the day. Now that I am a teacher, I liked one of my principals, and not the other.

How did you get along with your coworkers?
good!! I never had problems with the people I worked with. I got along well with other people.

Which was your favorite job?
Probably either the day care, or my job now. 



How many years until you retire?
Who knows....  

Do you have any big plans for your retirement?
um... travel?


Marriage
How did you meet your spouse? Was it love at first sight or did it take some time?
N/A

How long did you date before you were engaged? How long was your engagement?
N/A

How did you get engaged?
N/A

Who did most of the wedding plans? Who helped?
N/A

Who were your bridesmaids?  Bestmen?
N/A

Describe the details of your wedding: the colours, the cake, the decorations, etc.
N/A

Where did your wedding take place?  Who performed the ceremony? Do you remember any of the words of advice given?
N/A

Who attended your wedding?
N/A 

Where did you go on your honeymoon?  What adventures did you have?
N/A


Children
N/A


Grandchildren
N/A

No comments: