Saturday, June 26, 2010

Arizona!!

Well....Here's a big hooray for being LAZY! because I still havent posted about Arizona... And I am feeling kinda like a bum. So I am going to give just a brief synopsis of my trip and then post a link to the pictures on facebook. It takes to long to upload pictures on here! HA :)

Arizona was VERY fun! and also VERY hot! I am a big fan of Road trips so of course it was fun for me! :) My mom and I left Utah mid day and decided we wanted to try to make it to the Grand Canyon and see it on our way down.... BUT we decided to go to the Southern Rim...which meant we had to drive all the way around it to get there.... needless to say we didnt make it. So we kept on going to Flagstaff and stayed the night there. From there Tuscon was just a few short hours further the next day. Our time in Arizona basically consisted of playing with my three favorite kiddos and helping my sister get her house situated. Which was still fun! I love ANY time i get to spend with her and her family. While I was there my sister also got me hooked on glee!!!! I LOVE it!!! I stayed up til three one night watching it while i was there!!

We made lots of trips to Lowes for things like blinds, paint, odds and ends to fix up minor things in the house. We also found a rug that my sister fell in love with. While she was debating on getting it my niece ran back and forth under the hanging rugs letting them woosh over her head. When we left she suddenly started saying her head was burning.... She had gotten a rug burn on her head from running under all the rugs! HAHAHA I laughed forever!

We also spent a lot of time painting. We painted her family room and living room and Kitchen. All in all nothing TOO super exciting but WELL worth it! My niece and nephews are SO funny and i love each one of them for their own personalities!!

Grace--She is SSOO smart!! I kept being so surprised because she can read as good as if not better then many of my fourth graders. AND she could do math quickly in her head that my fourth graders couldn't do with paper. My fourth graders are pretty low...BUT Grace is only six years old! She is also a ham. She LOVES getting attention. Which also means she is QUITE the drama queen! I remember one night laughing me head off because she got sent to her room and was screaming things like "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME!" "YOU DONT LISTEN TO ME" "I never get what I want!" "I'm never talking or coming out of my room again" I feel bad for my sister and brother-in-law when she is a teenager! Hopefully she calms down a lot by then for their sake!

Scott--another genius child!! He always has this way of making me laugh! He is definitely his own kid! He loves anything transformers and can play with them for hours! Just like me, he can be bribed to do just about anything for fruit snacks and cheez-its! He is cuddly but only when HE wants to be. Whenever we were watching TV or watching a movie he would find some way to snuggle up to me. When i was laying on ground on my stomach he came and laid on my back for the whole movie! He is so adorable! When he gets excited he will just sit in pure amazement. We went to see Toy Story three he was like hopping into the theater and then didnt move at all the WHOLE movie... just like stared wide eyed at the screen the whole time! So funny!

Spencer--He is probably the most chill and happy baby you will ever meet. He LOVES attention and is already a people person! As long as he is where everyone else is (and fed) he is happy! He is so easy to make smile. Some of the faces he pulls and his chubby cheeks always remind us of my dad! I actually looked a lot like him when i was a baby as well. He is a chunk! I LOVE chubby babies!! But my arms would get SO sore after holding him for a while.

Any way.... I have the best niece and nephews ever! They are so adorable and can always make me smile!! When we left Tuscon we were determined to go see the Grand Canyon and actually made it! Woo hoo! It was SO gorgeous! we drove along it for a while and got some awesome views! My camera only lasted for two pictures though.... Bummer!!!

Well.... needless to say My trip to Arizona was awesome!!! and a much needed vacation!

Here is the link to a few pics
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2169325&id=193303103&l=3738481e3d

No comments: