Friday, July 22, 2011

Life is a Gift!

As my previous post kind of alludes to, I have been doing a lot of introspection, a lot of thinking. Yes, about how it's easy to be blinded by what you think you want instead of you really want (aka what the Lord wants for you). It's easy to be prideful. I spent the day in a bit of a tizzy because (to make a long story short) my car was acting up. Yes, my brand new car. Yes, AGAIN! So, I spent pretty much my whole day figuring it out and getting it fixed. Apparently my car needs a solid platinum hose to pump freaking steering fluid... ok... so maybe that was a BIT of an exaggeration, but even so the stupid hose was $280 alone! And with labor it ended up being $460 to fix it. Yup, even got a second opinion... Like I said, solid platinum hose..... 
But then my roommate text me and said she found tickets to Journey and we decided to go!

When I got home, I got news of a person in my ward that had passed away. I didn't even know this person, but even so it was yet another slap to the face. Here I am so easily upset, then so easily pleased all in one day. I have taken advantage of being alive and well and being able to live with MANY MANY blessing and many things that I don't REALLY need. It made me realize we shouldn't take our lives or ANYTHING in them for granted. Being on earth is such a blessing and such an amazing opportunity and you never know when it's going to be over. Enjoy the journey. Enjoy  the little moments in life. One of my project quotes even says "Moments are the molecules that make up eternity." Soak up everything you can and BE GRATEFUL!!!!! EVERYDAY!!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Thank you for posting this! I too have had a difficult time being grateful lately. I have been trying to be happier but it's easier to forget all the good things you have. You're amazing and I love you!

The Stewart said...

Thanks for the reminder! I think we all get caught up like this sometimes, and it is nice to get prospective again!! Thanks Kels!