Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tootie's got a job!!!!

I am the newest teacher at Whittier Elementary!! (of course I automatically thought of you, Tara....) I am going to be teaching 3rd grade and I am SSSOOO excited! It's funny because I went into the interview this morning  really groggy and not feeling myself. I had some really weird dreams last night that I can't really remember, I just remember being confused the whole time.... So I was still feeling the after effects and felt like I didn't say a single intelligent thing the whole interview (but strangely I never got nervous. I was actually really excited the whole time. Foreshadowing??) but around 1 pm I got in the shower and when I got out I saw I had missed a school from a district phone number. Thinking it was another school calling for an interview, I listened to my voice mail. I was SHOCKED when I heard the voice of the principal I just interviewed with! Only a few hours later! I freaked out at first and was too nervous to call her back. I had to think about it because there is a position at the school where I did my student teaching....and I would have LOVED to go back there... But, I still didn't even have an interview with Redwood and it's not a guaranteed job there either... I felt REALLY good about Whittier and decided to take the job. I called her back and she offered me the job! I am SSOO excited! It's a REAL contract this time too, so even if, for some reason, Whittier doesnt have room for me next year, I will get surplused and just have to move schools instead of actually having to interview again! THANK GOODNESS for the Lord teaching me and BLESSING me! Thank goodness for answered prayers! and Thank you ALL for praying for me and supporting me throughout this CRAZY time in my life! :)  Opening faculty meeting is August 15th and school starts the 22nd!! YAHOO!!!!!

PS a note about the title... my nephew Spencer tried to say my name today and it came out "tootie" HAHAHAH so funny!

2 comments:

The Stewart said...

SO SO So excited for you! I know I said it on facebook, but you deserve the very best, so I am really happy things worked out so well!!!

Tara said...

Hooray for things working out! And the school sounds awesome. :). Is it in Salt Lake still? I'm guessing so. Anyways, good luck Legs. You will do awesome!