Thursday, February 4, 2010

Strength in a Moment of Weakness

An update on my dad.... They are fairly certain that his cancer has spread into his lungs. At first they didn't think that he had any more cancer in his face and neck, but now they are thinking the sore on his chin is cancer as well. If it is indeed cancer like they suspect, my dad will start chemo treatments very soon. Also, he will have to have a reconstructive surgery where they will take skin from his leg and put it on his neck in hopes that his neck will heal up better. He is hanging in there. He is a trooper. He has a giant bandage on his chin all the time. He never really feels good and sleeps a lot.

My mom.... is a basket case. She has never been the calmest lady ever. She tends to stress out ten times worse than any normal person. As if she wasnt stressed enough, her car engine blew up. So, now, she has one more thing to stress about. She hates her job, but has to have some kind of income because my dad can't work. and her job also provides my dads insurance. Because of my poor stressed parents I decided they needed a little extra support. I took the first of the week off because I was sick, and then decided to start my trip to Idaho a few days early. Needless to say, the environment in my house is not exactly a cheerful, happy one.

Through all of the stress and chaos and sadness I am SO grateful for a gospel that allows me to feel peace. I have absolutely no doubt what-so-ever that my Heavenly Father loves me. If anything I have felt it more now than EVER. Through many different ways. I can't tell you the countless number of people that I can tell care so much about me. That alone tells me that Heavenly Father loves me. He knows just who can help me right now. I know that the people in my life are there for a reason. I have been able to see how much they care about me and that what is important to me is important to them. It means SSOOO much to me. I have gotten a priesthood blessing that brought me SO much peace as well. I am not scared about me. I am not doubting the Lord at all. I know that he has a plan for me and i KNOW for a fact that he is taking care of me.

I am scared for my mom and dad. I just pray and hope that they know what I know. I hope that they can feel the peace that I feel from my Heavenly Father. I just wish that I could make it better. I don't want my dad to feel sick any more. I know they are stressed beyond all reason. I wish there was more I could do to help them. The hardest part is just having to sit back and watch.

Any way.... Thank you so much all of you for all of your support. I appreciate just knowing that you are thinking about me, and care about me.

4 comments:

The Stewart said...

I am so sorry! but I know that your testimony is awesome and that kind of faith can get you through anything. I saw your mom at sam's but I don't think she really saw me. I wanted to just hug her but that might have freaked her out. I hope everything works out and you guys are in our prayers!

Whitney said...

Sister- you are the best! Thank you for all you do and for being such a great you. I love you!

Riland and Jamie Duka said...

I'm sorry your dad has cancer. I know how it feels to have some one with cancer and it's not an easy thing! I am rooting for the better!

Tara said...

Legs, you have always amazed me with your faith.