Sunday, February 21, 2010

The worst part? or maybe the best?

I think the worst part about finding out about my dad is that I kinda knew it was coming.

Almost exactly this time last year my Grandma Asplund was not doing very well. I decided that with the stress of school, dumping my boyfriend, and loosing my grandma I decided to get a blessing. My really good friend Austin gave it to me. He knew me really well and I had talked to him a lot about all of it.

I still VIVIDLY remember sitting in his living room and him giving me the blessing. In the blessing he said "This is a hard time in your life. The trials in your life now are preparing you for trials in the future." At the time I thought "oh crap whats that supposed to mean?" Probably a month or so later I found out that my dad had Oral cancer. I automatically remembered that line in the blessing. Over time it kinda faded to the back of my brain....but now here it is....So far to the front of my brain its pretty much all I think about.... In fact that line just kind of runs over and over and over in my brain.... My grandmas death was preparing me for my Dads. Maybe since I had more warning with my dad I can prepare myself? So maybe its good? We'll see.....

1 comment:

Club Jolley said...

Kelsey,

I just found your blog from Emme's blog, so I hope you don't mind that I'm on here. I'm so terribly sorry about your dad. It is the saddest time, to lose someone you love. You have a strong spirit and testimony though, and you will have to rely on that and your family during this time. I know that there's nothing I can say to make you feel better, but know that I'll be keeping you in my prayers. Please keep in touch.