Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Daddy

For those of you that do not know yet, my Dad passed away yesterday. It has been a very hard reality to face, but we are making it through. He went much quicker than we anticipated but, it is SO much better for his sake. I know for a fact that he is in a much better place. He is happy and healthy and doing so much to help up in heaven. He is no longer in pain and no longer suffering, which was probably the hardest part for me to see. It was almost a exactly a year after he was diagnosed with cancer that he died. I wrote in my journal March 22 2009 that he was officially diagnosed the Friday before. Thank you all so much for your love, support, concern, thoughts, prayers, generosity etc etc etc the list could go on. Here is a really good quote I found the day before he passed away.

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

2 comments:

The Stewart said...

I am so sorry! YOu are so strong and amazing! You and your family are in our prayers. If you need anything at all, just let me know.

Jamie said...

Sorry about your dad Kelsey. Your family is in my prayers.